Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lewis' Writing Sample

My Next Learning Step: Using different sentence structures.
It happened to me:

I walked along the leafy path. The trees around me were still. No movement, nothing.
I looked around and saw a lake. It was crystal green and made no movement. The lake pulled me closer. I tried to fight the urge to jump in. Then I heard it.

A cold chilling voice echoed in my head. It said...
Jump in. Touch the water.
My head turned to see who it was. No one in sight.
The voice continued to echo. I knew it wouldn't shut up unless I did it. My legs gave way. Thud! I was on my knees, beside the water.

It was taunting me. Mocking me. I put my finger forward and touched the water.

For a moment, nothing happened. I smiled. I felt this feeling flow through me. I wanted to do it again. I slowly put my hand out and touched it again. I left it in there for ages until a scaly hand shot out of the water and pulled me under.

No comments: