Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Key Comptencies

This week the students have been reviewing how they can improve our class by thinking about how their behaviour and attitude impacts on others. These are the questions they have been answering:


   Managing Self
    Am I in class at 8.30? Do I come straight back to class after SPEC and interval/lunch?
    Do I fess up when I am in the wrong? Do I go out in silent ball when I should? 
    Do I have pens, pencils etc? Is my desk tidy and my work filed?
    Do I have the right shoes and gear and wear it properly?
    Do I try my best in an activity even if I think it might be boring?
    Am I grateful for the activities we do and never moan?
    Do I help in class, even when I am not asked?


   Thinking
    Do I contribute to class discussion and ask if I am not sure?
    Do I give sensible answers and explain my thinking?
    Do I make sure that my answers are not silly and off topic?


    Relating to Others
    Do I help others and say lots of positive things?            
     Do I make sure everyone gets a turn and not take over?
     Do I play fair?

    Participating and Contributing
     Do I offer to help other people and do things that need doing?
     Do I answer even if I am not sure my answer is right?
     Do I not laugh if someone makes a mistake and not talk when other people are?

No comments: